Hi, this is Hannah from Klemtek Media! Today I'm going to share with you the basics of setting up a MailChimp account. This is the first installment of a series of MailChimp tutorials we are going to share with you because there is SO much to learn.
The first step is setting up your account. Follow these directions below:
- Navigate to Mailchimp's signup page https://login.mailchimp.com/signup/
- Type in your Email, Username, and Password, and click Get Started!
- Check your inbox for the account activation email to complete your account setup. Verify your account by putting in the code sent to your inbox.
At Klemtek, if you are one of our clients, we will set up the account for you!
Next, you want to create your audience by either importing a current email list of clients and customers that you have or if you don't have one, you will want to start building that list by placing a popup or landing page on your website.
How to import an audience:
- Navigate to the Audience tab.
- If you have more than one audience, click the Current audience drop-down and choose the one you want to work with.
- Click the Manage Audience drop-down and choose Import Contacts.
- Choose CSV
- Click Continue.
- Click browse and choose the file from your computer that you want to import
We will go over the details of cleaning up your list in a different tutorial!
Now you are ready to design your email! In another tutorial, we will go over details about adding content, how to add buttons, and really make your email stand out from the crowd! Contact our Klemtek Media Team if you need help setting up your account, importing audiences, creating and designing your email, and more! We are excited to meet you (727) 344-9128